Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Scrap Yarn Blanket


Hello, my name is Shelly Porter, and I have a yarn addiction.

Over the years, I have accumulated a large collection of yarn.  Yarn of all colors, textures, weights, brands, you name it.  Some were even brand new, never used, but collecting dust.  So, I finally decided to do something about it.

I put in one large box all of my yarn that was about the same weight and went to work. 

I started off with a basic granny square.  Each row I switched colors, but as the blanket got larger, I would purposely switch colors before the row ended to make it look more random. 

I still have some yarn left over, but was successful in using up all the random scrap yarn lying around and then some.

Now I have a warm blanket to cozy up in and . . . empty space in my yarn box to fill.

Happy crocheting!


No comments:

Post a Comment